Bride’s Survival Guide: Popular Wedding Themes Explained
Wedding ceremonies tend to have a language of their own, and though by the time you get dressed in your best wedding dress and walk down the aisle, you will know your boutonnieres from your Bomboniere, the first thing that you should tackle is concerning your wedding themes.
The following are some of the ideas which have been well explained.
- Traditional or classic wedding: A traditional or classic wedding is often a formal occasion which includes a sit-down dinner that has a three-course meal at the reception. If that is your type of wedding, you have to include getting married in a church typically, the bride wearing a gown that is classy styled, usually a princess ball gown type, in white as well as celebrations that are formal following the ceremony.
The groom wears a classic tuxedo, black. And the groomsmen will also wear a tuxedo or a formal suit. The bridal party of such a wedding consists of several members, including page boys, flower girls, junior bridesmaids, groomsmen, ring bearers, and ushers.
Formal celebrations that are common in traditional or classic weddings include professional wedding photos, speeches, cutting of cakes, mother-son and father-daughter dances, first dance, and the bouquet and garter toss.
If you get married in a church, there might be a further cultural or religious tradition that is included in the ceremony. In certain cultures, once you are done with the ceremony starting, the bridal party will have to wait in a receiving line at the altar so that the guests can pass past them and congratulate the bridal party.
- Bohemian romance: It is a wedding that has a relaxed yet elegant atmosphere. It is a wedding that is often conveyed through the bride and bridesmaids’ choices of styling, the choice of venue and the location, style of ceremony, and decoration. Such weddings usually incorporate natural elements, whether the wedding is being held in greenery or outside and floral decoration used to decorate the indoor location.
- Contemporary elegance: With elegance and contemporary wedding, it is a formal event, and while it might have some traditional and classical foundations, it comprises of a contemporary twist.
The twist that is contemporary can be a design that is modern like a wedding venue that is not traditional or a wedding dress that is non-traditional as well as a modern take when it comes to styling, invitations, decorations, and flowers.
It is a classic wedding that has some elegant, yet focused on-trend, styling choices, making the overall wedding to be speeches and a sit-down dinner. An elegant and contemporary wedding includes all the important players in the bridal party, such as groomsmen, bridesmaids, page boys, and flower girls.
- Vintage style: A wedding that is vintage themed means that the wedding styling will be full of a bygone era. In most vintage themed wedding examples, they refer to the Victorian era as well as the 40s and 20s. It is a theme that is usually expressed through makeup, the garments, and hairstyle by the bridal party, including the styling at the venue, decoration choices, and floral styling.
A vintage wedding might or might not include a sit-down dinner. However, a cocktail wedding tends to be more applicable when it comes to cocktail parties, all the rage of Jazz music of the 20s, a photo booth that is vintaged, wedding vintage cars, vintage venue. All of them enhance the vintage theme. While the vintage theme is formal occasions, it might not include all the formalities involved in the traditional wedding or the bridal parties members.
- Romantic vineyard: A wedding held in a vineyard is an eye-catching celebration that is natural, with beautiful surroundings. The ceremony could be held either indoors or outdoors, and often, the elements of styling will reflect the landscape that surrounds it—a vineyard wedding bond well with rustic styling choices and elements.
A vineyard wedding might focus on wine, food, and local produce and, therefore, will be a sit-down dinner. A vineyard wedding might be informal or formal as you may wish, and the key players in the party are present.
- DIY wedding: It is a wedding in which you make many decorations, Bomboniere, and styling elements on your own. A DIY is a smart casual event and might consist of a sit-down dinner or go for a cocktail party style approach.
Such weddings are a great way to ensure that costs are kept low, especially if you are on a budget. You can go to the extent of making your dress, bouquet, and even do your hair and makeup. It is a wedding which might or might not include formalities and you can choose as few or as many members of the bridal party as you so wish.
- Rustic wedding: A rustic themed wedding or style is a theme that is inspired by the countryside simplicity and is done outdoors. A rustic themed wedding usually has rustic elements such as metal, timber, and natural unstructured flowers and bouquet.
Rustic weddings are typically held and tend to work best in wedding venues such as sheds, barns, vineyards, and outdoor under a tree or a marquee, and the reception consists typically of a sit –down dinner. Some of the rustic weddings might have a wedding ceremony and wedding reception at the same location or on the same property.
There are some formalities which might be present. However, a rustic wedding is a laidback and relaxed event, as compared to formal weddings. You might decide to choose to have many members of your bridal party, a few or none at all, as you so wish.
- On the beach: A beach wedding is typically an occasion that is relaxed with guests not required to wear clothing which is too formal. Most of the beach weddings include a wedding ceremony being held on the beach and wedding reception at a nearby venue.
You might opt to take an approach that is relaxed when it comes to your wedding attire or as a bride, wear sandals, or go barefooted. A beach wedding might consist of a large or small bridal party, or you can choose to have a beach ceremony that is intimate with just a few close family members and friends.
Even though all the above are popular wedding themes, pick one that will blend well with your wedding planning. The ultimate bride’s survival guide is where you will get more information on all types of wedding planning.
Photo by Julia Volk
Photo by Avonne Stalling
Photo by Secret Garden