The Bride’s Survival Guide: Bridal Beauty
Are you planning for your wedding makeup trial and you are unsure of what to expect? Wondering which products you should buy for your wedding day makeup? The following bridal tips might be just what you require to solve your woes as far as wedding makeup is concerned.
Tips for planning your wedding day makeup look
- You have to listen to your makeup artist: Remember that, they are pros which are seasoned and thus their advice on technical aspects of all things beauty from the type of eyeliner that best suits your eye shape to the formulation of products is very important.
The bridal makeup experience is a collaborative one mixing professional advice you get from the professional artist and yourself as a bride; your ideas of how you would want to look are considered as well.
- Stick to your guns: There are no set rules when it comes to bridal makeup. If you consider stripping your cat eye to a nude eyeshadow or want an electric blue eyeliner, you should go for it as long as you test it during the trial. The advice you receive is just a suggestion and you are the one to make the final decision – it is your wedding day after all.
- You should not go far from what you are used to: While there are no boundaries on what to apply on your wedding day, let the makeup reflect your daily style, whether it is minimal and natural or wild experimental or mixing both. Avoid trying something new on your wedding day. You just need to have a beautiful version of yourself.
If you normally don’t put on a dramatic lip or eye, it might make you feel uncomfortable when you look at your wedding photos later on. You might fail to recognize yourself.
- Think of the wedding in totality: The theme and the style of the dress of your wedding day have to be considered when deciding on your makeup. If you are going for a church ceremony, putting on sparkle and glitter might not be the right thing to do. It could be right if your wedding will be in the woods.
- Check out the season: Weather affects the skin. You have to ensure that the makeup professional you use knows your actual wedding day. What you wear on a super warm day will be different from what you will put on as makeup on a winter day.
- Take your time to find the right color for your lip: The lip color you select might be the hardest decision to make. It will be best if you tried out several shades on your trial and even after. Your lipstick color of choice should add a certain vibrancy to your skin instantly.
If it is nude, then it has to lift your skin tone. The undertone needs to complement your complexion, making a statement out of it. You have to consider the texture too, getting one which will last the entire day.
- Be ready for tears: It is safe to assume that you will be emotional during your wedding day but that shouldn’t keep your makeup from looking fabulous. Get a set of semi-permanent lashes and have them tinted to ensure that you don’t use mascara.
Go for waterproof products in everything you choose. If you layer your products lightly, they will last for long. Emotions experienced on a wedding day are a normal thing and thus, should be enjoyed.
Getting your skin ready for the D-day
- Start drinking a lot of water weeks before: There is a great difference in how makeup lasts, sits, and looks on you depending on how well you cared for your skin. Water is the easiest thing that can improve how your skin looks. Try to drink at least 3 liters per day of water in the days leading up to your wedding day.
- Start using sunscreen: Use sunscreen daily apart from protecting your skin from UV rays, it improves the texture and tone of your skin. You should not wait until the summer season is around the corner. Try and wear it daily even during winter.
- Increase in the way you care for your skin: 3 months to 6 months before your wedding day, start on a skincare Bootcamp. It might take time before you start noticing any changes on your skin. Facials are recommended.
Wedding makeup trial
- Coordinate makeup and hair: It is impossible to organize for both your makeup and hair makeup trial on the same day. It is good to first meet with your hairdresser and decide on what style you will go for. After knowing if you are going to wear your hair up or down, that is when you can easily visualize your overall look. It will save you on the agony of picking on what works well.
- Wear the color you will be wearing on your wedding day: The makeup artist needs to know the effect of your color on your makeup.