The Bride’s Survival Guide: Honeymoon Packing Checklist That You Should Adhere To
Wherever you have planned that you will be heading to after removing your wedding dress, you must know what to carry on your honeymoon. To get organized for your honeymoon can be tricky, especially in the middle of organizing for your wedding day. That is why most couples save honeymoon packing for the last minute.
When packing for your honeymoon, you will need to bring along with you the must-haves, items that you cannot live without. It has to be done without overpacking and risking heavy bag fees. So what do you need to pack when going for your honeymoon?
The following itemized checklist for honeymoon packing will assure you that you will be able to pack smart and, at the same time, account for all the essentials despite being knee-deep in excitement and chaos.
Basics for traveling
- Light or tote backpack, which can double as your carry on bag
- Coin purse or small wallet, which easily fits in your pocket
- Confirmation numbers or plane tickets
- Driver’s licenses
- Visas if required and the passport
- Confirmation for reservation of restaurants, hotels and any other
- Information for travel insurance
- Itinerary if you require one
- List of important contacts, including phone numbers in case of an emergency
- Photocopies of all the documents, ensure that they are stored separately, you should also take photos of all the documents during the packing process for your honeymoon
- Traveler’s checks
- Emergency cash
- Camera and it should have its case, spare memory card, charger
- A guidebook which should be in print form or which you have downloaded on your devices
- Electrical converter
- Tags for your luggage
- Magazines, books in printed form or downloaded on your devices
- Prescription medications
- Mini medical kit, pain reliever, band-aids, motion sickness medication, antihistamine, antacids.
- Hand sanitizer and Anti-bacterial wipes
- Feminine hygiene products
- Hair styling products
- Comb or hairbrush
- Hair ties
- Body wash or soap
- Makeup remover, face wash, other skin care products
- Cream or lotion for face and body
- Shaving cream
- Lip balm
- Cotton swabs
- Nail file
- Contact lenses, glasses, contact case, lens solution
- Eye drops
- Workout or athletic gear
- Addresses for friends and families for postcards
- Electronic devices such as tablets, laptops, phone, e-readers, plus their charges, but you can as well leave them behind at home if they tend to be bulky.
- Calling cards
- Re-sealable plastic bags with different sizes
- Alarm clock
- Travel pillow and eye mask for airplane
- Stain removing stick or wipes
- Travel umbrella or rain shells
Clothing and accessories – Hers
- Curling iron, hairdryer or flat iron
- Closed toe flats for travel
- Accessories scarves, jewelry, and hair accessories
- Comfortable shoes for day : closed toe travel flats can double as day shoes, depending on your destination.
- Dressy shoes for evening think of strappy sandals or heels
- Bras, underwears and don’t forget strapless
- Pair of jeans
- Casual shirts such as tanks and cotton tees
- Lingerie or Sleepwear
- Dressier tops or blouses
- Light jacket
- Clutch or evening purse
- Cocktail dress
- Day dress or sun dress
Clothing and accessories – His
- Comfortable, casual shoes for the day
- Dress shoes for the evening
- A pair of slacks
- Pair of jeans or khaki
- Casual shirts such as polos and tees
- Tie if necessary
- Button downs or oxford shirts
- Sports jackets
- Pullover or light jackets
Honeymoon packing list for beach destinations or warm weather
- Tunic, cover ups, or sarongs
- Beach towels if the accommodation doesn’t provide it
- Flip flops
- Baseball caps or sun hats
- Bug spray
- Aloe for sunburns
Honeymoon packing list for skiing destinations or cold weather destination
- Toe warmers, hand warmers
- Parkas or heavy jackets
- Heavy lip balm
- Gloves or mittens
- Rich cream or moisturizer
- Headbands, hats, or earmuffs
- Ski equipment
- Waterproof, warm snow pants
- Leggings, long underwear, turtlenecks, fleece shells, or other thermal layers
- Neck warmers or scarves
- Ski goggles
- Waterproof, thick socks
Honeymoon packing list for sightseeing or adventure destination
- Bug spray
- Baseball caps or sun hats
- Extra pair of athletic socks
- Athletic/outdoor pants
- Running shoes, comfortable walking shoes, or hiking boots
- Sport bra
Leave behind with a trusted friend or family member
- Optional: you can decide to leave your engagement ring safe at home if you think it might get lost during your travel. You can choose to put on only your wedding band or just buy faux rings to use to travel.
- Photocopies of passports and your driver’s license; confirmation numbers; any other documents that are important including, credit card numbers, travel insurance, receipts for traveler’s checks.
- List any emergency contacts other important contact information.
- The addresses, names of important places and people, and phone numbers of the hotels where you will be staying in and their check-in and check-out dates.
With the above list, you will be able to organize yourself in readiness for your honeymoon in style. Everything that is important will be packed, and thus, no need to be stressed up if you have left anything out or not.
Have a honeymoon that you will remember for a long time to come and have a great time with your spouse. Get enlightened on other information regarding how to come up with the best honeymoon by ensuring that you follow the above guideline.
Honeymoon is the first time that you will be together as a couple, and it needs to be memorable. Leave no stone unturned and ensure that, you have a superb time. Let your time together be a cornerstone for a strong married life ahead of you. Learn how to handle each other, sleep with each other, spend quality time together, and each other’s side that you might not have learned during your dating time.
Make your honeymoon unique and memorable by doing everything in an organized manner, thus ending up with no stress at all. Put your organization skills into gear during this time, so that you can win a special place in your spouse’s heart. For more information, check out the ultimate bride’s survival guide.
Photo by Asad Photo Maldives
Photo by Jonathan Borba