The Bride’s Survival Guide: How To Incorporate Jewish Wedding Chuppah For Modern Weddings
As you look for inventive ways to incorporate the Jewish culture into your wedding, the Chuppah and the Jewish wedding dress might be the easiest to integrate into your wedding style. If you or your partner happens to be Jewish and you want to embrace some of the traditions into your wedding, especially if it is an outdoor event, a Chuppah could do.
A Chuppah, which literary means a covering or canopy in Hebrew, might be what you could embrace most. It is symbolic of creating a Jewish home and being able to offer hospitality to your guests. You, your officiant, parents, maid of honor and best man, will stand in the canopy as the wedding ceremony is held.
The Chuppah needs to maintain the traditional structure, but you are at liberty to make some modifications to suit your style and preferences. You will want your wedding theme to be included in the Chuppah styling as well as thinking about the styles that will make sense for your type of wedding venue.
You can easily find inspiration from the following Jewish Chuppah from real weddings
- Rustic and sparse for outdoor venues: Assembled using small wood branches, covered loosely with fabric that is gauzy and all decked out with a bouquet of violet and white flowers, it will bring out a picture of the Jewish Chuppah wedding ceremony that is rustic. It is a fitting that is ideal for barn, rustic, farmhouse, and any other wedding venue and nature-inspired themes.
- Timeless, elegant styling for synagogue ceremonies: If you are hosting a wedding in a synagogue, there will be a need for you to style the Chuppah that you will be provided with. It would help if you did not try or fight to upstage its timelessness of the décor of the temple, but instead, work with its neutral, classic, shades and the elegant hanging greenery that will complement what you are provided with.
- Moody, lush wedding canopy: If you are hosting a Jewish wedding Chuppah done in the outdoor, a different take will be a large canopy made of wooden branches that are exposed. Colorful plants d flowers offer a way to be able to pull in the flower trends of the year and express out the mood and tone of your wedding ceremony through shape and color.
The Chuppah is draped with a white veil along with a tallit that is pink in color. It is a Chuppah style that is versatile that works for both outdoor and indoor venues and various wedding details that include garden wedding details and moody wedding colors.
- Floral, romantic indulgence for glamorous weddings: You have an option of covering your wedding Jewish wedding Chuppah in bold accent and greenery with glamorous white flowers for a just over the top enough look. With a Jewish wedding Chuppah, it will work well ceremonies held in the outdoor, which have either a gilded romance theme or a romantic mermaid theme.
Garden and beach wedding venues alike tend to be a good fit when it comes to the style of romantic Chuppah, as the waterfront that is uncluttered or the landscaped grounds that are down to earth will not have to compete for attention.
The romance you feel for one another will be brought out well in this particular setting where your glamorous wedding will be able to embrace the Jewish wedding traditions of a Chuppah and utilize it well together with the romantic, floral settings that you have for your style of wedding.
- Minimalist and modern for loft, industrial or outdoor weddings: When you want to bring the real star in what is going on in your Jewish wedding Chuppah, you will have to select styles that are on the minimal so that you keep focused on yourself and your partner.
White, clean silk drapes and minimal full trendy floral arrangements of eucalyptus are what it takes to get a sleek look with a Chuppah wedding canopy. Such a style will work well with themes and venues which are similar to sparse such as minimalist themed weddings and those that are hosted at the loft or industrial wedding venues.
- Colorful and warm for bohemian celebrations: Warm pinks, bright oranges, and deep greens bring out a style that is thoroughly unstuffy in a bohemian Jewish wedding Chuppah. It would help if you were not afraid to go big with textured details or unique colors with such a style, which tends to blend well with industrial-chic details and venue. It will make your wedding stand out and come out unique. It will not be too colorful, and at the same time, it will bring the bohemian style that you are trying to celebrate.
- Chic and feminine acrylic for lux weddings: Glamorous hotels, ballrooms, country club venues, and other lux venues might be the best setting for a feminine and chic acrylic Jewish wedding Chuppah.
The precise, clear cut of the lucite acrylic canopy might feel like a diamond. Drapings of traditional fabric can be abandoned, and you embrace transparent beaded curtains, adding a touch of sparkle. The Chuppah can then be topped with a burst that is full of pink and white flowers for a color hint that does not overpower.
Your feminine and chic wedding theme will be embraced well with the canopy style, and all your guests will be amazed at how you have seamlessly incorporated the Jewish wedding traditions in a modern wedding setting.
Get going with the Jewish wedding Chuppah. Whatever your wedding style, you should not be afraid to embrace this Jewish tradition as it will ensure that your guests who might have a background of Jewish or those who love the Jewish tradition will be able to enjoy everything that comes with the tradition.
For more information regarding the Chuppah and other Jewish traditions, check out the ultimate bride’s survival guide. It has everything that every bride should use to ensure that they have smooth planning for their wedding.
Photo by Maria Gloss
Photo by Olya Kobruseva