The Bride’s Survival Guide: Popular Proposal Destination
If you are thinking about a proposal, then you might be brainstorming on the best venue to do it, just like wedding planning, where you will need to think about where to buy the best wedding dress. The vendors, the venue, and much more, you will need to have at least a proposal destination to make it a memorable one.
For a marriage proposal, you have to plan what to say and where you want to say it. While it might be okay to kneel in your living room and make your marriage proposal, finding a unique and special proposal destination is the in thing at the moment.
In modern times, people are planning proposals in different destinations with the intent of making the moment to be more magical, more unique. The person who is being proposed to or the person proposing might also view the larger effort o having to put forth the proposal at a particular destination.
A proposal increases the romanticism and surprise element. Travel is known to be an emotional experience, and thus, it makes sense to ensure that you capitalize on the unique getaway and then turn it into a memory that comes once in a lifetime. To add to that, most travelers tend to enjoy the concept of being able to capture the moment via photography, which happens to get better, especially if you are in a place that has a dramatic background.
If you feel that, it is about time you popped the question in a far off, unique proposal destination, then the following are some of the most popular sports you can choose from.
- Italy: Being a vast country, you have the option of choosing a proposal environment that might be ideal for you based on the type activities that you enjoy, from hopping in a vineyard at Tuscan Countryside to Amalfi Coast for beach lounging. Tuscany tends to be an ideal place for romantic proposals and trips due to its proximity to the international airport to Rome and a variety of other incredible wineries. Positano tends to be a hot spot for proposals because of the various ocean views and the colorful buildings that are in this Cliffside town.
- Paris: Known to be the City of Love, it will be romantic proposing in Paris. Apart from oozing with love from every cranny and nook, it is a city that has picturesque, stunning proposals spots. From dinner or lunch at the Eiffel tower to classes where you can learn how to make a macaron, the options are just varied.
It would help if you allowed your travel agent to arrange for a photographer that will come along with you and capture that special moment. You can as well check online and book a photographer on the other end of Paris whom you will organize on the specific place you will be proposing to capture the great moment.
- London: If you stay on the East coast, it will take you only about 7 hours to arrive in London. Rest assured that it will provide a different scenario that is just unique for a proposal, not to mention that the city is fun to explore.
From capsule in the London Eye that overlook the entire city to drinks atop The Shard, there are lovely spots that will ensure you propose in style. You can be creative and propose while sipping tea at Reubens at the Mews, which overlooks the Buckingham Palace as you dream your upcoming royal wedding.
- New York City: While visiting or if you stay in New York, then the Big Apple is one ideal place to make your proposal. There are a variety of romantic hot spots where you can propose from Central Park to the Brooklyn Bridge.
During the fall, Central Park is usually a great backdrop that has beautiful foliage and spots that are easy where you can hide a photographer to be able to catch the golden moment. The energy that the city has will allow for a multi-day experience that is great with several places to celebrate after you are done proposing.
- Hawaii: It is a place where most couples reserve for honeymooning. It has a chain of islands in the Central Pacific, making it a great place to make your proposal. Depending on which country you are coming from, if you are in the USA, then you don’t require a passport to travel there.
While in Maui, you can take a sunrise tour of Haleakala, and then you go ahead and propose when the sun is up. Another option is taking a helicopter tour of the island, as you propose. With a variety of islands where you can choose from, you can propose on one island and after your wedding, come on another island for your honeymoon.
- Maldives: It is a well known destination for honeymooners, but it doesn’t mean that you cannot as well propose here. It is an isolated island that sets the tone for a private and intimate romance, where you will be at liberty to enjoy several private messages, to admire the variety of fishes in the Indian Ocean. At the same time, you dive and head for your picnic on a desert island with champagne. Allow yourself to get cozy on an astronomical dinner cruise when sunset comes or decide to spend a night in Bedouin tent, under the sun while on your sandbank.
- Iceland: Do you want to propose in a colder climate? Then why not do it in Iceland, below the Northern Lights? The best time you will be able to see them is between September and April, when the sky is clear. Watching the aurora Borealis type of dance or sleep under the stars might be one of your lifelong dreams. It is hard to find something as memorable as proposing in Iceland, under the Northern Lights.
Hit the road and go to that romantic destination, which will leave memories lingering for a very long time. After you are done proposing, hit the ultimate bride’s survival guide to plan your dream wedding and, after that, your honeymoon.
Photo by Anastasia Shuraeva